axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Angel Todorov" <attodo...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2] WS-Addressing WSDL binding
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 19:14:59 GMT
Hi guys,

I just came across this on the JAX-WS homepage:

=====================
You might have noticed that JAX-WS 2.1 RI download link takes you to
an Error page. We have fixed that to say what is really going on with
JAXWS 2.1 specification and RI.

So why we have to do this? Well, WS-Addressing WSDL Binding spec was
normatively referenced by JAX-WS 2.1 specification and was in CR state
when the spec and RI went final few weeks back. After we released
JAXWS 2.1 RI and the spec, it came to our attention that WS-Addressing
Working  Group has decided to drop this spec and instead do
WS-Addressing Metadata (a Working Draft now). So in effect the Binding
spec is dead and JAXWS 2.1 specification references it!