axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Nilesh Ghorpade <nilesh_s_ghorp...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] AXIOM or JBIX
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 05:27:42 GMT
Hi Anil,

The Data binding frameworks come into picture when you are generating the Java code artifacts
from WSDL. If you observe the "wsdl2java" command there is a command line argument namely
"-d" with which you can specify the Data binding framework which you want to use. In case
u want to use JiBX you would be specifying something like

$> wsdl2java -o /outputDir -d jibx -EbindingFile /resources/jibxbindingFile.xml -uri MyWebService.wsdl

The above command is just for making things more simpler. Also if there are no schema references
in the WSDL or if the WSDL is not having any schema types then the Data binding framework
would not be coming into picture. (Others Please correct me if I am wrong.)

You would just be deciding which Data binding framework you should be using. AXIS 2 would
internally be using the same and generating the Java classes for you. Do not get confused
by the approach which you are choosing to build the web service and the data binding framework.
The data binding framework is just to map the schema which is defined in the WSDL to Java
classes. Thats the only purpose of the data binding framework.

Using POJO's for web services means you would be writing a POJO class which would be capturing
all the information you need for invoking the particular web service operation. For example
if you see the AddressBookService in the AXIS 2 samples you can see that the addEntry method
takes in a POJO as its input parameter namely Entry.

Regarding your second question I am not able to understand it correctly.

Also the flow which you have mentioned from the Client to the Service is correct and it would
remain the same for any Web service for that matter i.e. not only AXIS 2 but any web service
which is developed using any other framework.

Hope that answers your queries.

Regards

Nilesh