axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Philipp Leitner <philipp.leit...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: WebServices client
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 12:48:46 GMT
Although I have to confess that I lack any idea of what you mean by
"takes an XSD element and returns an XSD element"* I think that the
easiest way of testing a Web Service is to create client stubs using
wsdl2java (comes along with your Axis2 distribution) and use this stubs
to test the service. The whole process should not take < 30 minutes in
general.

Alternatively I have often used XFire (http://xfire.codehaus.org/) to
quickly test services ...

/philipp

* my best guess is that you wanted to say that the service uses an
IN-OUT MEP, and that it takes a parameter as complex type for IN and
returns another complex type as OUT

Milan Tomic schrieb:
> I would like to test my web service, so I need a client. My web service takes an XSD
Element and returns an XSD Element. Is there some example of such a client? Since input argument
is large XML, I would like to load it from a file, rather then building it in code.