axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Christian Poecher <ch...@poecher.de>
Subject Re: How to make SOAP messages smaller?
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 18:10:52 GMT
Spies, Brennan schrieb:
> This should be pretty easy to do...have the servlet filter check the
> "Accept-Encoding" before applying GZIP compression. Then, when debugging,
> have the client turn off this header.

Thanks, good hint!

Does anyone know better compression techniques than gzip? I found a
paper claiming much better compression than gzip:

@inproceedings{Werner:CompressingSOAP,
	Author = {C. Werner and C. Buschmann and S. Fischer},
	Booktitle = {Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Web
Services},
	Month = {July},
	Pages = {540-547},
	Title = {Compressing SOAP Messages by using Differential Encoding},
	Year = {2004}}

If my mind serves me right, I have also heard for years now, that people
are researching XML compression. Is there any advanced compression
algorithm available for Axis?

Cheers,
Chris