axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: Castor in Axis2 not efficient?
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:29:31 GMT
Castor is based on a SAX parser approach to handling XML which isn't
compatible with the StAX parser basis of Axis2. You can still use it,
but it requires a conversion that adds a heavy performance penalty.

If you're using Castor binding definitions you should be able to convert
them to JiBX (which does work well with Axis2) without restructuring
your code. The same thing might apply for Castor code generated from
schema, but I haven't looked into this lately.

  - Dennis

Dennis M. Sosnoski
SOA and Web Services in Java
Training and Consulting