axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Tammy Dugan <tdu...@regenstrief.org>
Subject Re: problem with syncronous messages and attachments
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:45:01 GMT
This is actually a fairly pressing issue. I would appreciate any help I
can get.

Thanks,

Tammy

Tammy Dugan wrote:
> I have a simple axis service with an operation with the following
> definition:
>
> public OMElement queryStatisticsReturn(OMElement element)
>    {
>              try
>        {
>            return super.processAxisService(element);
>        } catch (Exception ex)
>        {
>            InitializationServlet.error("", ex);
>            return null;
>        }
>    }
>
> My service extends a class called PreprocessSoap that contains
> processAxisService. processAxisService does some preprocessing, calls
> an abstract method called processBody that gets executed in my service
> class, and does some post processing. I am able to get the xml
> processing to work just fine but I can't get the attachments to work.
> I have the following attachment processing logic inside
> processAxisService:
>
> MessageContext mc =
> MessageContext.getCurrentMessageContext().getOperationContext().getMessageContext(WSDLConstants.MESSAGE_LABEL_OUT_VALUE);

> if (this.attachmentContent != null)
>             {
>                 for (int i = 0; i < this.attachmentContent.length; i++)
>                 {
>                     DataSource ds = new
> ByteArrayDataSource(this.attachmentContent[i].toByteArray(),
>                                         this.attachmentContentType[i]);
>                     DataHandler dh = new DataHandler(ds);
>                     mc.addAttachment(dh);
>                 }
>             }
>            mc.setSoapAction(bodyElement.getLocalName());
>            mc.setDoingSwA(true);
>            mc.setFLOW(MessageContext.OUT_FLOW);
>
> All this seems to work fine until I check the response on the client
> side with the following bit of code:
>
> response.getEnvelope().getBody().getFirstElement().serialize(System.out);
>            System.out.println("\n\n# of attachments: " +
>                      response.getOperationContext().
>
> getMessageContext(WSDLConstants.MESSAGE_LABEL_IN_VALUE).getAttachmentMap().
>
>                       getAllContentIDs().length);
>            System.out.println("soap action: " +
>                       response.getOperationContext().
>
> getMessageContext(WSDLConstants.MESSAGE_LABEL_IN_VALUE).getSoapAction());
>
> There was a soap action and an attachment in the sent message but it
> is not in the received message. I am guessing this is because I
> changed the wrong message context. How do I get access to the right
> message context, i.e. the message context that actually gets returned
> to the client?
>
> Tammy Dugan

Tammy Dugan
Computer Programmer

Regenstrief Institute, Inc.
1050 Wishard Blvd., RG5
Indianapolis, IN 46202

(317) 630 - 7346

Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this message and any files transmitted with it may
contain confidential and/or privileged information and are intended solely for the use of
the named addressee(s). Additionally, the information contained herein may have been disclosed
to you from medical records with confidentiality protected by federal and state laws. Federal
regulations and State laws prohibit you from making further disclosure of such information
without the specific written consent of the person to whom the information pertains or as
otherwise permitted by such regulations. A general authorization for the release of medical
or other information is not sufficient for this purpose.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and
delete the original message. Any retention, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
information by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.