axis-java-user mailing list archives

From aravind1...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Axis2 Client performance issue - AxisConfiguration Caching
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 00:54:20 GMT
Curtis,

I faced the same problem. It also leaks around 250KB per call. Though I
couldn't figure out the root set that is holding references to a lot
of OMElementImpl and OMTextImpl objects.  The JVM was also crashing
every few days. Change the code generated to cache the
ConfigurationContext and the performance+memory leak disappears. In a
local loopback test the time taken to answer a request went down from
1.5s to around 20~50ms.

Cheers

Aravind

On 3/6/07, sean curtis <seancurtis99@yahoo.com> wrote:
> When running some recent tests against our webserver that contains our client code, it
seems that the client causes a huge bottleneck in performance. Perhaps we have it configured
incorrectly, but doing some initial looking at the source code, the question came up:

> When using the following code:
>
> ConfigurationContext configContext = ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem(getAxis2RepositoryPath(),
getAxis2ConfigFileLocation());

> does this actually cause a re-parse, reconfigure of the axis2.xml file on each call?
If so, that seems to point to a massive performance bottleneck in saying we have to parse
a basically static file every time we want to call our services.

> As I said, we might have it configured incorrectly, but this came up as a possible issue.
Can anyone shed light? Is there a setting we can use to let it cache this configuration?