axis-java-user mailing list archives

From seehams...@gmx.de
Subject Re: Data binding questions
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:17:23 GMT

There is another bug concerning maxLength restriction. The following restriction:

<minLength value="10"/>
<maxLength value="80"/>

results in the following code:

  if (  (10 < java.lang.String.valueOf(param).length()) &&  (java.lang.String.valueOf(param).length()
>= 80)  ) {
                                                this.value=param;
                                            }
                                            else {
                                                throw new java.lang.RuntimeException();
                                            }

The last comparison should be <= and not >=. The first check should include 10 in my
opinion.

>I have figured out the reason, why attributes are not generated. In WSDL >the type
of the attribute is declared not inside the attribute tag itself, >but in a restriction
tag under the attribute tag:

><attribute name="attr1" use="required">
>  <simpleType>
>    <restriction base="xs:string">
>
>XMLBeans is able to generate the correct java type. ADM ignores the >attribute completely,
altough this WSDL declaration is correct IMHO. Could >you try to fix this please?

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:06:46 +0100
Von: seehamster@gmx.de
An: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Data binding questions

> update:
> jar's are indeed a problem and especially xmlbeans version is incompatible
> with our existing third party libraries.
> I tried Axis2 nigthly builds in order to use ADB instead of XMLBeans. At
> first, the generated classes really looked good; most attributes which were
> missing with 1.1.1 had been generated. But still some attributes of WSDL
> are ignored. Only XMLBeans seems to work at the moment. :-(
>
> It's very unsatisfiying, because I do not want to change any third-party
> libraries due to XML beans.
>

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:09:11 +0100
> Von: seehamster@gmx.de
> An: axis-user@ws.apache.org
> Betreff: Re: Data binding questions
>
> > update:
> > After removing all inner parts of the WSDL as suggested, I was able to
> > generate a Stub. Then I have removed all XMLBeans stuff and used the
> "real"
> > xmlbeans-jar. Finally, I could to sent a request against an XFire server
> > successfully. :-)
> >
> > Hope, that other parts of Axis2 are ready for production so far.
> >
> > Now i am entering next level: Jar-Hell
> >
> > We have to maintain old Axis 1.x clients and a lot of other jar's in
> > different versions used by our application and axis2.
> >
> > I do not have found any jar dependency list. Could you tell me please,
> > which jar's do I need for client calls (just simple calls without
> security and
> > stuff like that) and what are your advices for preventing jar version
> > problems (I already have some ideas, but look for other solutions).
> >
> > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> > Datum: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:34:40 +0530
> > Von: "Amila Suriarachchi" <amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com>
> > An: axis-user@ws.apache.org
> > Betreff: Re: Data binding questions

> due

> the

> > > correctly.
> call
> > by
> the

> > > skelton
> > > hope

> part
> > of
> > > XMLBeans
> reliantly.
> > >
> > > I can't gurantee but theoratically it should be.
> > >
> > > Would you recommend to use Axis2 (1.1.1) in production?
> > >

> > > yes.
> > > After 1.1.1 we did lot of improvments to adb. So if you can have a
> look
> > at
> > > with a nighly build or the RC1
> > > (which is due to relase this friday) then you can veryfy whether it
> > > supports
> > > adb or not.
> > >
> > > On the other hand you can try with jibx as well. The advantage of both
> > adb
> > > and the jibx is that they are faster than xmlbeans.
> > >
> > > We hope to release Axis2 1.2  which will be in better production
> [...]
ADB,
> an
> in
> > my