axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Mario Felarca <gennad...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Axis and HTTP Proxy question
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 01:19:28 GMT
Ok..a couple of additional questions and some interesting behavior.

The first items is that I was trying to convert my endpoint into a URI, and when I did a super.cachedEndpoint.toURI()
from within the Stub class, it actually fired a correct network connection, with https://<host>
and proxy=HTTP @ <proxyHost>.

Regarding the actual Call object itself, do I need to specify the Transport and the Handlers
in order for it to recognize an HTTP proxy for an https endpoint? Or should that be configured
or registered somewhere else already and the Call will automatically pick it up.

I guess a final question would be if I need to do that registration somewhere.

Thanks in advance again!

Mario-

----- Original Message ----
From: Mario Felarca <gennadius@yahoo.com>
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2007 4:55:27 PM
Subject: Axis and HTTP Proxy question

Hello,

I have a Java client running through Java 5.0 that is utilizing Axis to connect to an https
endpoint.

It appears that the Call object I am using builds up a direct socket connection (socket://....
PROXY=DIRECT) to do this, even if I have specified an HTTP proxy that it should be using.
If it is a SOCKS proxy, things seem to work fine as well.

I have tried setting many different properties, both within my code and externally, that I
have found on the list and on other sources on the web, but I fear that I am still missing
some critical element that needs to be configured.

Can someone point me in the right direction with regards to trying to get the connection to
work with respect to HTTP proxies? Even a pointer to a good resource to dig in would be greatly
appreciated as I seem to be out of places to search.

Thanks much in advance!

Mario-