axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Betsy Frey" <BF...@SERENA.com>
Subject [AXIS2] MTOM performance
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 15:05:31 GMT
I've just made some measurements, transferring files using MTOM in Axis2
on tomcat.  My client and servlet are on the same machine.  Attachments
are cached.  For files of 1mb or more, the transfer rate,
client-to-servlet, is about 3.7mb per minute.  In contrast, a file
system copy transfers at about 2.5gb per minute:  675 times faster than
Axis2.
Why is MTOM performance is so sluggish?
Thanks for any assistance,
Betsy

are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy
all copies of the original message.