axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: axis2 Version 1.1.1 documentation seems wrong on uploading services
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 03:37:29 GMT
Hi Peter.
AFAIK the default behavior of tomcat is to
 1. automatically deploy .war files it finds inside the webapp directory
 2. expand the war files.

The documentation is based on this default behavior. in fact bulk of
our servlet testing takes place on tomcat and we have not seen this
behavior so far with a default installation of tomcat, so I'm guessing
this is something to do with one of your settings. Did you install
tomcat with the installer ?

Ajith

> Peter,
>
> Which app server are you using? that documentation is geared towards tomcat.
>
> thanks,
> dims
>

> On 2/8/07, Peter Rosner <rosnerpe@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> >

> > Version 1.1.1 axis2 on-line documentation for deploying the sample services
> > quickstart and quickstartadb (and maybe others) appears wrong. It looks to
> > me that one can only deploy services via using the administrator's upload
> > service, not via placing the aar file in the axis2\WEB_INF\services
> > directory under webapps. I am using a Windows/XP machine.
> >
> > Firstly ( a relatively minor point) it talks about placing axis2.war in the
> > webapps directory of the J2EE server (in my case
> > Tomcat 5.5). Then it implies that this will be expanded out automatically.
> > This doesn't happen for me at least. I needed to expand it out myself (in
> > order to be able to follow subsequent instructions about depositing .aar
> > files into the axis2\WEB_INF\services directory). I  extracted it into an
> > axis2 top level folder which I had to explicitly create under webapps. The
> > documentation does not make this clear
> >
> > More seriously, even when I do this and copy, for example, the
> > StockQuoteService.aar across, the service is not being seen at all. I can
> > only get successful deployment of the service if I use the upload
> > administrator service. I had to scrabble around in the axis2.xml to find out
> > the user name and password that I needed to enter before I could get to this
> > service.
> >
> > Am I  missing something, or am I right about the documentation being
> > inaccurate on several counts?
>

> --
> Davanum Srinivas :: http://wso2.org/ :: Oxygen for Web Services Developers

Ajith Ranabahu