axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Thilina Gunarathne" <cset...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to determine the datatybe of binaray data variable
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 04:16:24 GMT
You will not be able to work with byte[] types seamlessly using SwA..
Byte[] types can be only handled through MTOM or by inlining the
binary data using a base64 encoding.

MTOM provides binary support at the infoset level virtually mapping
the attachment payloads to the XML. It's like embedding an image in a
HTML page.  SwA attachments acts more or less as outside entities to
the XML payloads.. They are just like sending attachments with emails.
So it's not possible to map SwA attachments to base64 binary data
types defined in the WSDL..

AFAIK there are methods to expose SwA type of attachments in the WSDL.
But Axis2 does not support them. They are also not straight forward as
mapping a MTOM attachment to base64binary..

~Thilina

--
Thilina Gunarathne
WSO2, Inc.; http://www.wso2.com/