axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "John Eapen" <j1ea...@gmail.com>
Subject Question on best practices regarding wsdl/xsd "import"
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 19:53:26 GMT
Its my understanding that the one of  best practices for wsdl developments
is to create schema types in a separate xsd file, the portType of wsdl
(abstract portion ) as a separate file and the wsdl service ( concrete
definition ) to be a in a separate file.
Obviously this helps with reuse , modularity and ease of development.

Couple of questions/observations

a. When I look around, at other published wsdl's,  I see that most of them
do not follow this approach and rather have a single wsdl file containing
everything.
Is my understanding of this suggested practice incorrect or  are there
interoperability issues here which may hv forced a single file approach ?

b. Is there a way/tool/script to generate a "imploded" wsdl file ( just like
axis does ) where all the imports statements are replaced by the actual base
files ?

Thanks
  John