axis-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Sarwar_R...@3com.com
Subject Re: Axis2: skeleton differences w/Axis 1.4
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 15:39:43 GMT
Hi Davanum...
I didn't think a determination had been made that this was indeed a bug in 
Axis 2 which is why I have not gone the JIRA route. Was hoping someone 
could just tell me I was doing something wrong with regards to my WSDL 
(that would be an easy fix!) . I'll put something in JIRA if thats how you 
want me to proceed.

Thanks
\Sarwar



"Davanum Srinivas" <davanum@gmail.com> 
02/07/2007 10:24 AM
Please respond to
axis-user@ws.apache.org


To
axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Axis2: skeleton differences w/Axis 1.4






Sarwar,

JIRA bug please :) After you create the bug, you can upload the files as 
well.

thanks,
dims

On 2/6/07, Sarwar_Raza@3com.com <Sarwar_Raza@3com.com> wrote:
>
> Addendum to last post:
> Neither the unwrapping nor backwards compatilbity options in the codegen 
tool helped - which leads me to believe that something in the WSDL I 
attached in the last message may be amiss. Our goal is to pack portions of 
a SOAP header and SOAP body using the WSDL definitions - any help 
appreciated.
>
> \Sarwar
>
>
>
>  Sarwar Raza/US/3Com@3Com
>
> 02/06/2007 10:49 PM
>
>
> Please respond to
>  axis-user@ws.apache.org
>
>
> To axis-user@ws.apache.org
>
> cc
>
>
> Subject Re: Axis2: skeleton differences w/Axis 1.4
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi Anne,
>  Thanks for the response.
>
> Here is what we were able to get working with Axis 1.4, and have been
>  struggling with Axis 2...
>  Our input message contained TWO parts, one destined for the body, and 
the
>  other destined for the header (we set this up in the binding).
>  The header contains security info that gets used by WSSJ - pretty 
typical
>  usage best we can tell.
>
> When we ran WSDL2Java using Axis 1.4, the resulting stubs resulted in a
>  method signature for each of the methods that looked something like:
>
> message (header, body).
>
> Using Axis2, the WSDL does get parsed correctly (even though we have
>  defined two parts for the input message), but the resulting method
>  signature in the skeleton code always turns out like:
>
> message(header)
>
> Note the body is absent, even though it was set up to be one of the two
>  parts for the message.
>
> Other than the fact that we need to pack our security tokens into the
>  header, the WSDL is pretty basic. I can't rule out that transmogrifying
>  the WSDL to work with Axis 2 has led to some errors creeping in - at 
this
>  point, we've been staring at it for quite a while and can't see what we
>  may be doing wrong. I'm attaching the WSDL here - perhaps someone can
>  eyeball a problem we've missed. Note the header/body setup in the 
binding
>  - we construct the binding by hand - is there any way to annotate a
>  message part as being destined for the header so that we could use 
Eclipse
>  WTP to generate the binding automagically?
>
> Thanks.
>  \Sarwar
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> "Anne Thomas Manes" <atmanes@gmail.com>
>  02/06/2007 03:08 PM
>  Please respond to
>  axis-user@ws.apache.org
>
>
> To
>  axis-user@ws.apache.org
>  cc
>
> Subject
>  Re: Axis2: skeleton differences w/Axis 1.4
>
>
>
>
>
>
> "changing a few 'types' to 'elements'" tells me that the original WSDL
>  was defined as style="rpc", and my guess is that it used RPC/encoded.
>  Unfortunately, you have to do a little more than just tweak the
>  "types" to "elements". For one thing, when using document style, your
>  message may contain at monst one body element. That element must
>  reference an element definition in your types section that contains
>  all your input parameters. See my blog on wrapped document/literal for
>  some guidance:
>
> 
http://atmanes.blogspot.com/2005/03/wrapped-documentliteral-convention.html

>
>
> Anne
>
> On 2/5/07, Sarwar_Raza@3com.com <Sarwar_Raza@3com.com> wrote:
>  >
>  > Hello,
>  > Just wondering if anyone has encountered this:
>  > Using WSDL2JAVA on Axis 1.4,  our endpoint binding implementation
>  > automagically produced method signatures that took into account 
multiple
>  > arguments.
>  > Using the same WSDL in Axis 2.0, the skeleton generated has a method
>  > signature with only one of the required types as an argument. The 
second
>  one
>  > seems to have disappeared.
>  >
>  > The only 'tweaks' we have made to the WSDL for Axis 2 involve 
changing a
>  few
>  > 'types' to 'elements' to get the WSDL2JAVA to parse the WSDL.
>  >
>  > Can anyone eyeball something we may be missing?
>  >
>  > Thanks
>  > \Sarwar
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>  To unsubscribe, e-mail: axis-user-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
>  For additional commands, e-mail: axis-user-help@ws.apache.org
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>  To unsubscribe, e-mail: axis-user-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: axis-user-help@ws.apache.org
>  --=_alternative 001762E98525727B_=--
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: axis-user-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: axis-user-help@ws.apache.org
>
>



--
Davanum Srinivas :: http://wso2.org/ :: Oxygen for Web Services Developers

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: axis-user-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: axis-user-help@ws.apache.org


Mime
View raw message