axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Qi Cao" <c...@seamless.com.au>
Subject RE: axis2 in tomcat, java.net.BindException: Address already inuse:
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 23:48:36 GMT
Hi Michele,

Thank you for your reply.

I've read article. However, since I can invoke the service a few
thousand times, I guess the problem addressed there wasn't the same as
what I'm having.

Cheers,
Qi

-----Original Message-----
From: Michele Mazzucco [mailto:Michele.Mazzucco@ncl.ac.uk]
Sent: Thursday, 22 February 2007 9:01 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: axis2 in tomcat, java.net.BindException: Address already
inuse:

Qi,

try to have a look here
http://wso2.org/library/165

Michele

On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 18:06 +1100, Qi Cao wrote:
> [...]
> adb -s
>

> and used it in the following manner.
>

> public class test2 {
>
>   public static void main(String args[]) throws AxisFault {
>
>     Date start = new Date();
>

>     try {
>
>       VersionStub vs = new
> VersionStub("http://ocalhost:9090/axis2/services/Version");
>
>       for (int i = 0; i < 10000; i++) {
>
>         //vs =
> VersionStub("http://ocalhost:9090/axis2/services/Version"); //problem
> is still there
>
>         System.out.println(i+vs.getVersion().get_return());
>
>         //vs.cleanup(); doesn't help
>
>       }
>
>     } catch (Exception e) {
>
>       System.err.println(e.getMessage());
>
>       e.printStackTrace();
>
>     }
>

>     System.out.println(new Date().getTime() - start.getTime());
>
>   }
>
> }
>

> The web service is running ok and I did receive the version message.
> The exception was usually thrown after the service was invoked 3000 to
> 5000 times.
>

> The actural exception stack trace was:
>

> 22/02/2007 17:17:21 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector
> executeWithRetry
>
> INFO: I/O exception (java.net.BindException) caught when processing
> request: Address already in use: connect
>
> 22/02/2007 17:17:21 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector
> executeWithRetry
>
> INFO: Retrying request
>
> 22/02/2007 17:17:21 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector
> executeWithRetry
>
> INFO: I/O exception (java.net.BindException) caught when processing
> request: Address already in use: connect
>
> 22/02/2007 17:17:21 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector
> executeWithRetry
>
> INFO: Retrying request
>
> 22/02/2007 17:17:21 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector
> executeWithRetry
>
> INFO: I/O exception (java.net.BindException) caught when processing
> request: Address already in use: connect
>
> 22/02/2007 17:17:21 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector
> executeWithRetry
>
> INFO: Retrying request
>
> Address already in use: connect; nested exception is:
>
>       java.net.BindException: Address already in use: connect; nested
> exception is:
>
>       org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Address already in use: connect;
> nested exception is:
>
>       java.net.BindException: Address already in use: connect
>
> org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Address already in use: connect; nested
> exception is:
>
>       java.net.BindException: Address already in use: connect; nested
> exception is:
>
>       org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Address already in use: connect;
> nested exception is:
>
>       java.net.BindException: Address already in use: connect

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(Common
sHTTPTransportSender.java:227)

>       at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:674)
>
>       at

org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOper
ation.java:237)

>       at

org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(OutInAxisO
peration.java:202)

>       at test.version.VersionStub.getVersion(VersionStub.java:117)
>
>       at test2.main(test2.java:14)
>
> Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Address already in use:
> connect; nested exception is:
>
>       java.net.BindException: Address already in use: connect
>
>       at

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageW
ithCommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:344)

>       at

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(Common
sHTTPTransportSender.java:204)

>       ... 5 more
>
> Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: connect
>
>       at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
>
>       at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
>
>       at
> java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
>
>       at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
>
>       at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
>
>       at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:516)
>
>       at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor5.invoke(Unknown Source)
>
>      at

Impl.java:25)

>       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>
>       at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.ReflectionSocketFactory.createSoc
ket(ReflectionSocketFactory.java:139)

>       at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.crea
teSocket(DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.java:124)

>       at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open(HttpConnection.java:70
6)

>       at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMe
thodDirector.java:386)

>       at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMetho
dDirector.java:170)

>       at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:3
96)

>       at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:3
46)

>       at

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AbstractHTTPSender.executeMethod(Abstrac
tHTTPSender.java:541)

>       at

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.SOAPOverHTTPSender.send(SOAPOverHTTPSend
er.java:119)

>       at

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageW
ithCommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:335)