axis-java-user mailing list archives

From tgb <TB...@SERENA.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] RPC WSDL/ Codegen?
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 02:58:40 GMT

I tried a simple example - the default rpc literal wsdl generated by eclipse
WTP.  This has a single operation that takes a single string parameter and
returns a string.  It appears that the generated client for this example
does send an RPC literal message and that the generated service responds
correctly even though the ?WSDL it reports shows it as being a
document/literal service.

However, my client that has the problem has a complex parameter.  Also I
heard somewhere that there was a problem if the MessageType and the
Operation had the same name which mine did.  I changed my WSDL to try that
as a workaround but it did not seem to fix the problem.  I will try it again
and see if I can narrow it down.

thanks,
Tim

tgb wrote:

> Thanks.  That's good to know.  I'm interested in doing that.  However, it
> is not the problem I'm currently having.
>
> The problem is that the codegen is generating a document/literal service
> and client from an rpc/literal WSDL.  Possibly the server is just
> mis-reporting its WSDL but the client generated from an rpc/literal wsdl
> is definately sending document/literal messages.  I am using the original
> rpc-literal WSDL to generate the client not the ?wsdl.
>

> Tim
>

> Manoj Khangaonkar wrote:
>>
>> When you query for the WSDL using ?wsdl, AXIS2 returns a generated WSDL
>> and
>> not the one you
>> deployed.
>>
>> If you want it to return the WSDL you deployed , you need to add the
>> following to services.xml
>>
>> <parameter name="useOriginalWSDL"> true </parameter>
>>
>> However see my posting to axis-dev - which is below. There are a few
>> issues
>> with this - and I'll
>> try to provide patches shortly.
>>
>> Mj

>>> 1.1.1 and the related codegen eclipse plugin v1.1.1.  The generation