axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Lucas Theisen <lthei...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Attribute namespace is getting dropped
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 20:56:06 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to send a request to a service that requires its attributes
be namespace qualified.  If I send the request using code generated from
the WSDL file I have, it will strip the namespace prefix's on the
attributes.  However, if i dig into the generated stub, and call
toString on the envelope before it gets added to the MessageContext, the
prefix will be sent.  Here is the chunk of the generated source code:

             // add the message contxt to the operation client
             _operationClient.addMessageContext( _messageContext );

             //execute the operation client
             _operationClient.execute( true );

And here is the code the change i made to make it work:

             // add the message contxt to the operation client
             _operationClient.addMessageContext( _messageContext );

System.out.println( env.toString( ) );
             //execute the operation client
             _operationClient.execute( true );

This seems wrong.  This means that the toString method on an
OMElementImpl object has a side effect that actually modifies the
OMElementImpl itself.  Also, it leads me to believe that there is
another bug somewhere else in the _operationClient that does not
correctly serialize the OMElementImpl (as it does in the toString).
Please help

Thank you,
Lucas Theisen