axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dimuthu Leelaratne" <dimuthu.leelara...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rampart-1.1 samples
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 06:28:57 GMT
Hi Hailong Wang,

There are two ways in which we can configure Rampart to include a
UsernameToken.

One way is by using the configuration file which is Axis specific.
Please have a look at "samples/basic/samples02/client.axis2.xml"
inside the rampart folder. Look at this part [1]

The other is using a policy file as per policy specification available
here[2].  Now look at the "samples/policy/sample01/policy.xml" file.

Same applies to Encrypt, Signature, TimeStamp. We can basically
configure Rampart in two methods - one method is using the
client.axis2.xml file or the other method is using policy.

The new trend is to use policy. Using the axis2.xml file for security
configuration is deprecated.

Cheers,
Dimuthu

http://wso2.org

[1]
<module ref="rampart" />

	<parameter name="OutflowSecurity">
    	<action>
        	<items>UsernameToken Timestamp</items>
        	<user>bob</user>
        	<passwordCallbackClass>org.apache.rampart.samples.sample02.PWCBHandler</passwordCallbackClass>
      	</action>
    </parameter>

[2]http://specs.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy/ws-securitypolicy.pdf