axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <grm7...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: How to configure Oracle OC4J and Axis2
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 00:57:12 GMT
Three steps I would recommend:

1.)  Just to confirm that the problem is with OAS and not your WAR file,
I would test to make sure that your WAR works in Tomcat.

2.)  You will probably want to switch to the Apache series of XML
libraries over the default Oracle ones.  (See 2(b) of my blog entry:
http://www.jroller.com/page/gmazza?entry=migrating_spring_based_webapp_from)

3.)  I had a similar difficulty getting OAS to work with my previously
running-on-Tomcat (non-Axis) webapp.  I would recommend activating
classloader logging (same blog entry above) just to make sure it is not
a classloader problem.  I was getting a noninformative error message
just like you and it turned out to be a classloader issue, and the
output log file told me which JAR it was having trouble loading.

HTH,
Glen