axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Javier Kohen <jko...@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject Re: Help describing fault
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 23:34:16 GMT
Dear Anne,

El vie, 02-02-2007 a las 18:14 -0500, Anne Thomas Manes escribió:
> You must define the contents of each <detail> element in your schema,
> and reference the element from a message part in your fault message
> description.

I'm sorry to sound like I want my homework done for me, but could you
please show me an actual WSDL fragment?

Originally I had:
  <xs:element name="serviceDown">
    <xs:complexType>
      <xs:sequence>
	<xs:element name="errorcode" type="xs:string"/>
	<xs:element name="errorstring" type="xs:string"/>
      </...
  <wsdl:message name="serviceDownMessage">
    <wsdl:part name="fault" element="ns:serviceDown"/>
  </wsdl:message>

But that added an undesirable element serviceDown as a wrapper to the
rest when testing against the generated service.

Following your advice, I defined the message as:
  <wsdl:message name="serviceDownMessage">
    <wsdl:part name="fault" element="ns:errorcode"/>
    <wsdl:part name="fault" element="ns:errorstring"/>
  </wsdl:message>

But that resulted in a class ServiceDownMessageException whose
setFaultMessage method only accepts an ErrorstringDocument instance, and
I can see no way to provide an errorcode. Method getFaultMessage has the
same limitation.

Last, I still need to know how to have Axis2 handle a message with a
non-standard faultcode, as is the case in my second sample. Or is that
not an issue and Axis2 will parse it alright as long as I define the
fault message with a NewChallenge element? Somehow this didn't work for
me in the past, but I could be wrong.

Thanks,