axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Thilina Gunarathne" <cset...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any real solution to Client side SocketTimeout problem?
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 03:12:11 GMT
Please try options.setTimeOutInMilliSeconds(xxx); [1]
It was working for me..

Thilina
[1]http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_1/api/org/apache/axis2/client/Options.html#setTimeOutInMilliSeconds(long)

On 1/12/07, frogg@centrum.cz <frogg@centrum.cz> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have just spent last two days searching over internet fo some solution to SocketTimeou
exception. I have simple WS (based on Axis2/Tomcat 5.5). Client application uploads files
to Server (so InOnly). When I send larger files (like 5MB and more) I get  an exception:

> org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Read timed out; nested exception is:
> java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out; nested exception is:
> org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Read timed out; nested exception is:
> java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
> at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:225)
> at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:670)
> at org.apache.axis2.description.RobustOutOnlyAxisOperation$RobustOperationClient.send(RobustOutOnlyAxisOperation.java:72)
> at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(OutInAxisOperation.java:295)
> at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendRobust(ServiceClient.java:453)
> at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendRobust(ServiceClient.java:380)
> at org.apache.axis2.rpc.client.RPCServiceClient.invokeRobust(RPCServiceClient.java:131)
> at cz.cca.test.ws.client.Client.main(Client.java:175)
> Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Read timed out; nested exception is:
> java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
> at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageWithCommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:340)
> at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:205)
> ... 7 more
>
> Problem is, that data were successfully sent to server, where they are stored into database,
but the client doesn´t receive any response in time. I tried to set

>    <parameter name="ConfigContextTimeoutInterval" locked="false">300</parameter>
>    <parameter name="SO_TIMEOUT" locked="false">1000000</parameter>
>    <parameter name="CONNECTION_TIMEOUT" locked="false">1000000</parameter>
>    <parameter name="requestTimeout"            locked="false">1000000</parameter>
>    <parameter name="requestTcpNoDelay"         locked="false">true</parameter>
>
> In both xml files (one for the client and second one for the server). I even tried to
change all possible timeouts in server.xml ( for Tomcat). But even if I lower or raise  the
values, it takes no effect.

> There is main part of my Client:
>
> ConfigurationContext configContext = ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem(".",
System.getProperty("user.dir") + File.separator + "axis2_my.xml");
>        RPCServiceClient serviceClient = new RPCServiceClient(configContext, null);
>
>        Options options = serviceClient.getOptions();
>
> //        options.setProperty(HTTPConstants.SO_TIMEOUT,new Integer(15));
>
>        EndpointReference targetEPR = new EndpointReference("http://localhost:8080/myProject/MyWSService");
>        options.setTo(targetEPR);
>

>        QName opGetStock = new QName("http://MyService.ws.epo.ccc.cz", "upload");
>
>    ..... some code ....
>
>       // logger.debug("SO_TIMEOUT "+options.getProperty("SO_TIMEOUT"));
>

>        Osoba podatel = createPodatel( params);
>        InfoObject infoObject = createInfoObject(params);
>
>        Object[] opSetStockArgs = new Object[] { souborText,  podatel, infoObject };
>        System.out.println("Sending...");
>        serviceClient.invokeRobust(opGetStock, opSetStockArgs);
>        System.out.println("End");
>
>    }
>
> Can anybody help?
>
> thanks, frogg