axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Thilina Gunarathne" <cset...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: consequences of choosing axis
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2007 05:50:03 GMT
Hi Chad,
I might not be the best person to answer this, but here's how I see it..

>if a web service publishses a WSDL, then the client could be built on
any web service >technology that works with WSDL -- correct?
Yes..Exactly.. That's how it works most of the times..
But to be honest, there can be exceptions arising due to
interoperability concerns with the service impl engine & your
ws-client...
Anyway most of the popular ws engines works well with each other for
most of the common cases. (ex; axis2 <--> WCF has very good proven
interoperability records)

> So, if I need to write a client to consumer a web service
> that publishes a WSDL, I can use axis 100% of the time?  Is this true?
Yes.. But I would say 99% :)..

Thanks,
Thilina

Thilina Gunarathne