axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erwin Driessen" <edri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] How to use an older UsernameToken namespace with Axis2 / Rampart?
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 17:14:06 GMT
Ruchith,

Thanks for replying. I do see that WSS4J in version 1.1.0 did allow
one to use an older namespace. Is there a good reason why this
functionality was taken out?.

The way I see it now, is that I'll be forced to use older versions of
wss4j and older versions axis if I want to build a client to use this
older webservice.

I'd love to be able to use the latest versions of each, but direct
them to create a "backwards compatible" SOAP security header in order
to use this web serivce that dictates I use this older namespace etc.

Perhaps there is a way to over-ride a method or 2 in order to still
accomplish this?
I downloaded the source for wss4j-1.5.1 and see that there is a
UsernameToken.java which builds the element...

Any suggestions?

Thanks, any help is much appreciated...

Erwin