axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anne Thomas Manes" <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: consequences of choosing axis
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 23:57:32 GMT
Sorry for being vague. I was referring to the SOAP platform, not the
underlying servlet/J2EE platform. As I said, Axis2 can be deployed on
any platform. But AXIOM is particular to Axis2. (It is a separate
project, and other SOAP platforms could use it, but to date, the only
other project that I know of that uses AXIOM is Synapse.)

The impact of using a platform-specific object model is that your
client/service code is not portable across other SOAP platforms.

Anne