axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Stephen.Dav...@ipaustralia.gov.au
Subject Re: [Axis2] - module.xml not found on Axis2 / Weblogic 8.1
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 01:54:07 GMT
"Martin Gainty" <mgainty@hotmail.com>
15/01/2007 11:37 AM
Please respond to
axis-user@ws.apache.org

<axis-user@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Axis2] - module.xml not found on Axis2 / Weblogic 8.1

Not a solution but a general direction suggestion
Have you looked at setting up your own Weblogic webapp and construct your
own configuration files specifically ejb-jar.xml and weblogic-ejb-jar.xml
?

M-

Thanks Martin,
I have included a weblogic.xml file to handle the known issue of class
incompatability.

Further research shows that axis2.war will deploy sucessfully as an
unexploded WAR on Weblogic 9.2 and Tomcat 5.5.20.

As near as I can tell the JDK 1.4 URLClassLoader does not support nested
jars. In other words, addressing-1.1.1.mar, which is nested inside
axis2.war, cannot be read without a custom classloader. See

Tomcat has its own custom classloader for WAR files. It would appear that
Weblogic 9.2 has this ability as well. For now I will work around the
issue.

Regards,
Stephen