axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sherman Uri" <Uri.Sher...@comverse.com>
Subject How to get operation name from MessageContext
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:12:39 GMT
Hi,
I wrote a handler (axis 1.4) that needs to obtain the operation name
from every incomming request. For some of my services, the
msgCtx.getOperation() method returns null.
After a little investigation debugging axis cocde I found out that for
operations that are "overloaded", that is,
more than one operation with the same name (but different arguments),
the OperationDesc is set only at a later stage, after my handler is
invoked, after the style is determind and arguments are investigated.
When the operation name itself in a request has just one match in the
service interface, the OperationDesc is set right away, since the
arguments don't need to be investigated.
So that's just fine by me, question is how do I get my handler to be
invoked only after the OperationDesc is set, or alternatively, how can I
obtain just the operation name in the request, I don't care about the
whole OperationDesc object, all I want is the name of the operation.
Thanks,
Uri.