axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sherman Uri" <Uri.Sher...@comverse.com>
Subject RE: Extracting operation name from a request
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 15:57:31 GMT
Ok,
I figured out it's actually only one specific service for which the
msgCtx.getOperation() returns null.
For all my other services it works fine.
Any ideas what might cause such a thing? I've tried to find differences
in code/deployment between this service and the other ones I have and
couldn't find any.
Thanks,
Uri.

________________________________

From: Sherman Uri [mailto:Uri.Sherman@comverse.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2007 3:48 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Extracting operation name from a request

Hello,

I'm using axis 1.4, I wrote a handler which needs to obtain the service
name and the operation invoked on it.

The service name was no problem - msgCtx.getTargetService().

But as for the operartion name, when I try msgCtx.getOperation() I get
null......

I don't want to start "digging" in the envelope since the structure can
differ between soap versions, it also depends on the

Operation style (rpc/encoded or document/literal) etc.

So I would assume there's some way to obtain the operation name which
was determined by the axis engine without my self having to duplicate

that "parsing logic".

Thanks for any comments,

Uri.