axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Extracting operation name from a request
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2007 15:39:58 GMT
Extracting operation name from a requestHi Sherman

what happens when you request the LocalPart of the QName from your client call object e.g.

String operationName = call.getOperationName().getLocalPart();

Anyone else?
M-
prohibited.
Le présent message électronique (y compris les pièces qui y sont annexées, le cas échéant)
s'adresse au destinataire indiqué et peut contenir des renseignements de caractère privé
ou confidentiel. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sherman Uri
  To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Sunday, January 07, 2007 6:33 AM
  Subject: Extracting operation name from a request

  Hi,

  I wrote a handler (axis 1.4) that needs to obtain the operation name from every incomming
request. For some of my services, the msgCtx.getOperation() method returns null.

  After a little investigation debugging axis cocde I found out that for operations that are
"overloaded", that is,

  more than one operation with the same name (but different arguments), the OperationDesc
is set only at a later stage, after my handler is invoked, after the style is determind and
arguments are investigated.

  When the operation name itself in a request has just one match in the service interface,
the OperationDesc is set right away, since the arguments don't need to be investigated.

  So that's just fine by me, question is how do I get my handler to be invoked only after
the OperationDesc is set, or alternatively, how can I obtain just the operation name in the
request, I don't care about the whole OperationDesc object, all I want is the name of the
operation.

  Thanks,

  Uri.