axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Luis Rivera" <luigg...@hotmail.com>
Subject Help with axis/tomcat
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 19:33:31 GMT

   Hi axis community,

I would like to know how could I jump start my web service in tomcat before
any call from the client is made. My first version only needed to be
stateless and that worked fine, since I noticed that each call from the
client creates a new object in the server. However, now I would like to
create some threads because I have a custom administration module
(session/security/database).

I can create them when the first call is made (using statics), but I would
like to get rid of the overhead in the first call by somehow jump starting
the application to do the loading and initialization that the application
threads need to do, so that the when the first call is made, there is no
overhead to pay.

I am not sure. Is this possible? I am probably not understanding fully the
servlet model or how axis is supposed to be stateful at the server side.

I guess, if there is a smarter way to do this without using threads/statics
I would like to know where I could find an example.

   Thanks in advance,
   --Luis R.