axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Punnoose, Roshan" <punnoo...@bah-systems.com>
Subject RE: Content length must be specified
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 16:40:38 GMT
I'm using Axis 2.0, but I don't think it would have changed. This is
what I did: added an option:

Options.setProperty(HTTPConstants.CHUNKED, false);

This forces Axis to add the Content-Length field in the HTTP Header.

Hope that helps.

Roshan Punnoose

Phone: 301-497-6039

________________________________

From: Dorner, Thomas [mailto:Thomas.Dorner@t-systems.com]
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 10:57 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org; axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Content length must be specified

Hello,

I think I have some problem by using axis 1.4 Final with
CommonsHTTPSender!

The request is missing the "content-length" in the HTTP-Header (This
problem is knwon from Axis 1.2 ...).
Instead there is a "Transfer-Encoding: chunked"!

Is not a problem as long I am using an Axis Web-Service - but if I call
a Service which is implemented with the old IBM SOAP or a Lotus Notes
Service, I got the following error.

         <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
            <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Protocol</faultcode>
            <faultstring>Content length must be specified.</faultstring>

            <faultactor>rpcrouter</faultactor>
         </SOAP-ENV:Fault>

Is there any known solution for this problem - is it a bug or do there
exists some propertie(s) I can set to handle this problem

Some helpfull hints will be great - Thanks in advance.

Thomas

The hole HTTP-Request I am sending:

POST /DIAwebWebServices/rpcrouter HTTP/1.1
Host: 127.0.0.1:9090
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

1c0
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

      <soapenv:Body>
         <ns1:createAccess soapenv:encodingStyle="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:ns1="xxx">
            <clientid xsi:type="xsd:string">xxx</clientid>
         </ns1:createAccess>
      </soapenv:Body>
   </soapenv:Envelope>0