axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ruchith Fernando" <ruchith.ferna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: refering to tokens in rampart sec header
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 12:00:30 GMT
Hi,

On 12/20/06, George Stanchev <Gstanchev@serena.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to create a securty token (saml, username) and refer to
> it from the message body via wsse:SecurtyTokenReference. I am
> thinking that this is impossible using rampart since at the time
> when the payload is created the token is not present and when the
> token gets created, there is no control to the client.
> Am I correct in my assumption?

Yes! This is correct.

> Are there alternatives besides creating the token manually and
> stuffing it in the sec header prior to calling sending the call on
> its way?

We don't haev an alternative right now and I believe this will be a
useful feature with the WS-Trust use cases.
We have to come up with a clean mechanism to do this where we can
specify a token to be added to the security header and to be used for
other purposes such as authentication or crypto operations.

Thanks,
Ruchith

> Thanks!
>
> George Stanchev

> are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
all copies of the original message.

www.ruchith.org
www.wso2.org