axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Garth Keesler <gar...@gdcjk.com>
Subject java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException on WS Invoke
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 19:23:32 GMT
Dumb Q but I'm a noob.

I've deployed several very simple services (spelled "Hello World"
clones:-) using both WTP in Eclipse and Ant with no probs. Works great.
I've also deployed the POJO examples included with Axis2.

Now I'm trying to go one step deeper by invoking a service that depends
on a class defined in a separate jar that makes a jdbc call to pgsql to
retrieve a value that gets returned as a string, conceptually still a
HelloWorld clone. I've included the jar in the War file and referenced
it in Eclipse. Prob is, I get
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException returned as the result of
the WS call and haven't figured out, even with a fair bit of Googling,
what will fix it. The jUnit test runs against the class just fine so the
database is working okay. If I remove the reference to the class in the
WS and just have it return a fixed string, it runs fine.

What am I doing wrong (besides not doing enough RTFM:-)?

Thanx,
Garth