axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "David Dwin" <David.D...@sas.com>
Subject RE: problem with 3rd party jar in service lib
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 21:12:08 GMT

Thanks for your suggestion Robert.
That did remove the problem, but I don't feel that is an adequate solution from a software
deployment scenario.
Deployment modularity is critical and I should be able to put the jars I need, at the version
I need, in my own deployment module (.aar).

Do the folks on the axis team see this problem being resolved sometime soon? (3rd party class
using java classloader to load files), or are there other ways to make this work within the
.aar?

-- David

-----Original Message-----
From: robert lazarski [mailto:robertlazarski@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 2:48 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: problem with 3rd party jar in service lib

Keep in mind that putting jars in an aar lib is not usually mandatory
- if all aar's use the same one, it can perhaps be placed in WEB-INF/lib . Beyond that, jgroups
is open source so why not look and see what its doing ?

HTH,
Robert

On 1/11/07, David Dwin <David.Dwin@sas.com> wrote:

> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm using axis2 under jboss.
> > I need to deploy my service with a 3rd party jar jgroups.jar along with a few others.
> > When I deploy the jars in the /lib directory in the .aar, most of the classes are
loaded ok, but it seems that one of the jgroups class looks up an xml file contained in its
jar (using classloader I assume) and this file is not found.