axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 Hot update problem and unload native dll problem
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 07:24:22 GMT
Yong,

This is a Java limitation, nothing to do with Axis2. does the code
work as expected when you *don't* load the system dll?

thanks,
dims

On 1/15/07, Yong Yang <y.yang@querix.com> wrote:

> Hi, It seems AXIS2 hot update does not work. I have enable hotupdate by chnaging the
value of parameter, hotupdate, to true in the axis2.xml. I am also seeing that org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine
first undeploy and then deploy the web service when I copy the updated .aar into services
dirtory. But I still access the old version web service, not latest version web service. If
I restart the web server or stop axis2 and restart axis2 using application server adminstartion
console, I can access the lastest web service.

> The environment fot the test experiments is as follows:
> AXIS2 : 1.1.1
> web server: Tomcat
>

> If my web service will load native dll using Java API System.load or System.loadLibrary,
the dll is still in memory when I undeploy the web service. If I redeploy the web service
or update the web service, there is an error message that the dll has been loaded by another
class loader. This results that the web service is crashed. To solve the problem, I have to
restart JVM(restart web server). Is there any possible solution to unload the dll when the
web service is undeployed without restarting web server.