axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Tim, Jane and Chelsea Johnson" <tjcj...@cox.net>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Session Management and WS-Addressing
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 22:41:01 GMT
Thanks for replying. Yes, I read that article. That is why I am stumped as to why my service
doesn't response with the correct headers when the client calls it the first time with the
correct WS-Addressing headers. Do I have to build the WS-Addressing headers by hand or should
Axis2 build them for me automatically?

When you deploy a service in SOAP session and when a client tries to access the service in
the first time, Axis2 will generate serviceGroupId and send that to the client as a reference
parameter in wsa:ReplyTo, as shown below:

<wsa:ReplyTo>
   <wsa:Address>
      http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/anonymous
   </wsa:Address>
   <wsa:ReferenceParameters>
      <axis2:ServiceGroupId xmlns:axis2=
         "http://ws.apache.org/namespaces/axis2">
            urn:uuid:65E9C56F702A398A8B11513011677354
      </axis2:ServiceGroupId>
   </wsa:ReferenceParameters>
</wsa:ReplyTo>
If the client wants to live in the same session, he has to copy that reference parameter and
send it back to the server when he invokes the service the second time. As long as a client
sends the valid serviceGroupId, he can use the same session, and the service can maintain
the session-related data. Unlike a request session, a SOAP session has a default timeout period,
so if the client does not touch the service for 30 seconds, the session will expire, and if
the client sends the old serviceGroupId, he will get an AxisFault too.