axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 - schema and WSDL
Date Sat, 23 Dec 2006 21:26:51 GMT
Hi,
XMLBeans can compile the schema into a set of classes that maps a
schema to a class and also includes the code to convert a instance XML
to an object instance (vice versa). This is what we call databinding
However when you want to build a service it needs the plumbing code to
get the XML message from the SOAP framework and do all the things that
is specific to your framework. This code cannot be generated just by
looking at the schema!. That is why you need the WSDL. This way of
writing services is known as the 'contract first' and since you have
the schema I think contract first way is the right way for you

Ajith

Ajith Ranabahu