axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Can I get the raw XML?
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 17:24:31 GMT
Hmm... Interesting issue. So you need to transform some of the
messages and keep databinding for some of the messages ? I can give
you a few options

1. The case is that WSDL2Java creates classes to go with just one
databinding mechanism so either all messages are databound or not.
However each databinding mechanism provides a way to convert objects
in and out of XML. Although it may not be efficient you can convert
the object into  an XML object model and then do the XSLT operation.

2. Generate the skels without databinding ! This may not be an option
for you but if you do need to run XSLT transformations  and work with
the raw XML packet then this is the best way.

3. Modifiy the message receivers. This is a somewhat complex operation
but if you read through the generated code you will find the place
where the XML object model is converted to the databound object. So
you can insert the code right at that place!

HTH

Ajith

On 12/18/06, Travis Tabbal <travis@tabbal.net> wrote:
> I have a service I generated with WSDL2Java. Now some developers want
> the ability to run things like XSLT on the raw XML packet. How do I go
> about getting the XML message from the web service call and keep
> databinding for those that want it?

Ajith Ranabahu