axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anne Thomas Manes" <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: custom types with non-java client
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 15:12:00 GMT
The <wsdl:types> section must specify the schema(s) that describe your
input and output messages. The schemas may be defined inline, or they
may be imported or included using <xsd:import> or <xsd:include>.

In all cases, what is transferred between the client and the service
is an XML message wrapped in a SOAP envelope. Typically, though, the
runtime framework (e.g., Axis, .NET, etc) translates the XML message
into a set of language-specific objects. If you want direct access to
the XML message in Axis, you must use the low-level messaging API.

Anne