axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kedar, Shahar" <Shahar.Ke...@softwareag.com>
Subject Array within an array is translated into a 2-dimensional array
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 17:06:15 GMT
Hi,

Could someone please explain to me why SOAP clients (such as .NET or
Axis1) translate the "rows" element under the ConnInfoSet complexType
into a 2-dimensional array of ConnInfoCell instead of generating a
ConnInfoRow object? How can I prevent those clients of performing such
translation?

<xs:complexType name="ConnInfoSet">

            <xs:sequence>

                        <xs:element name="columns"
type="ns0:ConnInfoColumn" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

                        <xs:element name="rows" type="ns0:ConnInfoRow"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

            </xs:sequence>

</xs:complexType>

<xs:complexType name="ConnInfoColumn">

            <xs:sequence>

                        <xs:element name="hidden" type="xs:boolean"/>

                        <xs:element name="name" type="xs:string"/>

                        <xs:element name="type" type="xs:int"/>

            </xs:sequence>

</xs:complexType>

<xs:complexType name="ConnInfoRow">

            <xs:sequence>

                        <xs:element name="cells" type="ns0:ConnInfoCell"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

            </xs:sequence>

</xs:complexType>

<xs:complexType name="ConnInfoCell">

            <xs:sequence>

                        <xs:element name="cellValue" type="xs:string"
nillable="true"/>

                        <xs:element name="columnName" type="xs:string"/>

                        <xs:element name="columnType" type="xs:int"/>

            </xs:sequence>

</xs:complexType>

Regards,

Shahar Kedar