axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: WSDL type mapping for List
Date Mon, 25 Dec 2006 14:40:41 GMT
Good Morning Chinmay

If I look at return types available in \org\apache\axis2\namespace\Constants.java I dont see
an implementation for Vector currently available
therefore following anne's suggestion of returning a SOAP_ARRAY is your best alternative

Martin--
prohibited.
Le présent message électronique (y compris les pièces qui y sont annexées, le cas échéant)
s'adresse au destinataire indiqué et peut contenir des renseignements de caractère privé
ou confidentiel. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: c b
  To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, December 25, 2006 8:55 AM
  Subject: Re: WSDL type mapping for List

  Rahul,
  Thanks a lot for your reply.

  I have done my stuff by using an array of value objects.
  Wht I was trying to point out was Java2WSDL generates a proper schema defn for a 1D String[],
but not for a 2D String[].

  Thanks again,
  Chinmay

  Rahul Devgan <rdevgan@gmail.com> wrote:
    If I understand you correctly, you are trying to return string pairs, with a key and corresponding
value?

    If this is right, 1. you could either use a Hashmap (axis has buitl in serializers for
hasmap, for sake of brevity both your client must also be a java one. I am not saying that
you can not invoke such a service from .Net clients, that would require you to use no 2 on
client side) or 2. an array of a value objects, their class being a simple one with 2 attributes,
the key and value. Ofcoucrse, following the java bean rules and having getters and setters
for both of them.