axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Gul Onural" <onu...@nortel.com>
Subject Accessing axis2 based web service with https
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 20:22:53 GMT

Hi,

I have followed tomcat https/ssl configuration document under
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/ssl-howto.html
to configure tomcat for https/ssl.

Then I have created a certificate using keytool and imported it into
client's truststore.

I have added the following two properties to my client code :
System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore", "truststore path");
System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword", "password");

I am using Axis2 1.1 branch nightly and getting "PKIX path building
failed" exception.
What else needs to be done to get the a client working with https ?

Gul

INFO: I/O exception (org.apache.axis2.AxisFault) caught when processing
request: sun.security.validator.ValidatorExce
ption: PKIX path building failed:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to
find valid certification
path to requested target; nested exception is:
        com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxIOException:
sun.s
ecurity.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find
valid certification path to requested target
Dec 19, 2006 3:12:45 PM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector
executeWithRetry
INFO: Retrying request