axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ruchith Fernando" <ruchith.ferna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: rahas
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 08:21:54 GMT
Hi,

On 12/7/06, George Stanchev <Gstanchev@serena.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a reason rahas is a module at all? In previous builds rahas
> was a service (aar), which i thought makes more sense - after all, it
> has a service functionality in it, and if someone wants to extend
> it, why do they have to define a dummy service (as in the test cases)
> just to serve a RST.

The main purpose of the rahas.mar is to enable STS functionality on a
service to support WS-SecureConversation scenarios. In these
scenario's the service is expected to issue and cancel
SecurityContextTokens.

> Speaking of the test cases in integration,
> they only run under the simple HTTP server that comes with axis2.
> In order to run them under tomcat for example, several changes
> need to be applied-the TestClient.java needs to be modified to put
> proper addressing namespace in the RST mssage - it uses
> AddressingConstants.Submission.WSA_NAMESPACE when
> it should use AddressingConstants.Final.WSA_NAMESPACE.
> Unless there is a way to configure axis2 servlet which namespace
> to recognize.

hmm ... I thought axis2 addressing module can handle any addressing
version in incoming messages.

> In addition, opensaml1.1b has a dependency on
> log4j which is missing from both axis2 1.1 distro and rahas. Adding
> it to the repo lib dir solves the problem.

will add the log4j dependency to rahas.

> Is there any plan to finish the trust2 model in wss4j sandbox?
> It would be nice to have some real api for wst ;-)

I'm not sure about the trust2 stuff in wss4j ... but you are welcome
to suggest any improvements/patches to rahas ... I'll be glad to try
to implement/apply them.

Thanks,
Ruchith

--