axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sathija Pavuluri" <spavul...@EmprisaNetworks.com>
Subject Re: [Axis 2] What's wrong with this tcpmon response?
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:56:37 GMT
Well, not quite.
I get the exception only when I expect it. I am basically querying some stuff from the client
here, by passing some
parameters.
When my params are good, the service can process them properly and returns appropriate data.
Then I deliberately pass in bad data (only bad data, not bad request), where the service cannot
process such data and
returns me an exception. say even an NPE, which I am wrapping in an AxisFault and throwing
to the client.
In this scenario, the client only throws an OMException, where I'd expect an AxisFault which
the service actually threw.

This is actually just a simple test for axis' exception propagation capability.
My only question is, when the response is valid (atleast seems to me it is valid), why do
I get the OMException.

Thanks,
Sathija