axis-java-user mailing list archives

From John Crossley <john.cross...@completegenius.com>
Subject Re: Axis 2's handling of RPC Parameter types
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:30:56 GMT
Deepal Jayasinghe wrote:
>> My intention is to build a generic web service that can take any type
>> (by upcasting to object) and through an internal XML document, be able
>> to map it to its real class so I can cast and perform operations on it
>> as defined by the XML (this is not SOAP - its BePel)
>>

> Then what you have to do is write your service impl class to take
> OMElement as method parameter , then om element can be anything. So your
> method signature will be look like below;
>
> public OMElement echo(OMElement ele){
>   ///// do smt
> }
>

> Thanks
> Deepal

Hi Deepal,

Thank-you for your reply.  I have been looking at the OMElement and its
very abstract.  The model appears to be an interface to the underlying
XML pull-parser.

Is there a less abstract way of dealing with SOAP in Axis 2.

Essentially, I want to be able to transfer a set of objects from one
server to another without having to worry about the implementation
details.  I thought with the advent of Castor and XStream this would be
reasonably straightforward.

Essentially, I want a service that can take in three variables: 2
strings and an object.  So it could be called with:

String namespace="namespace";
String function="function";

Object[] args={ namespace, function, new Date() };
Object[] args={ namespace, function, "hello world"};
Object[] args={ namespace, function, new ComplexObject(1,2,3,"hello" };

And the transport layer deals with the necessary details - however it
seems much harder to do, and harder to figure out than I ever imagined!

Thanks,

John
--

John Crossley

Technical Architect

t:   +44 (0) 20 7375 1994

Complete Genius Ltd

The Old Truman Brewery

91 Brick Lane

London

E1 6QL

t:    +44 (0)20 7375 1994

f:    +44 (0)7092 045 214

www.completegenius.com <http://www.completegenius.com/>

Important: This e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended for the above
named person(s) only and could be confidential.  If you are not the
named recipient, please notify us immediately.  You must not copy or
disclose the contents to any third party.