axis-java-user mailing list archives

From c b <chinbaj_de...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: WSDL type mapping for List
Date Mon, 25 Dec 2006 13:55:21 GMT
Rahul,
  Thanks a lot for your reply.

  I have done my stuff by using an array of value objects.
Wht I was trying to point out was Java2WSDL generates a proper schema defn for a 1D String[],
but not for a 2D String[].

  Thanks again,
  Chinmay

Rahul Devgan <rdevgan@gmail.com> wrote:
  If I understand you correctly, you are trying to return string pairs, with a key and corresponding
value?

If this is right, 1. you could either use a Hashmap (axis has buitl in serializers for hasmap,
for sake of brevity both your client must also be a java one. I am not saying that you can
not invoke such a service from .Net clients, that would require you to use no 2 on client
side) or 2. an array of a value objects, their class being a simple one with 2 attributes,
the key and value. Ofcoucrse, following the java bean rules and having getters and setters
for both of them.

  On 12/22/06, c b <chinbaj_derby@yahoo.com> wrote:    Hey Anne,
  Thanks for the reply.
  My thing works fine now.

  I have now tried returning a 2D String array, but the schema generated for it is also
  similar to a 1D array. And the web service fails.

  have u come across anything like this??

  Thanks,
  Chinmay

Anne Thomas Manes < atmanes@gmail.com> wrote: