axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Ali Sadik Kumlali <as_kuml...@yahoo.com>
Subject [Axis2][1_1] Security exception is swallowed
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 14:00:18 GMT
Hi folks,

I need to catch the exception occured in securiy phase. But it seems Rampart just logs the
exception and  not propagate to the transport receiver. Thus, I'm not able to catch it and
notify the sender.

Here is my scenario:

- My WSDL has input only (one-way) operations.
- Client sends signed messages by invoking appropriate method of generated stub.
- Service's keystore doesn't have the public certificate of the client
- Rampart logs the exception[1] BUT doesn't throw it.

Since I wrote my own transport receiver, I'm able to catch any exception(including RuntimeException)
thrown through the execution path(transport receiver -> phases/modules -> message receiver).

Any help would be great!

Regards,

Ali Sadik Kumlali

[1] [ERROR][2006-12-08 14:40:48,535] org.apache.axis2.transport.jms.AxisMdb - JMS Wo
rker [JMS Session Delivery Thread] Encountered an Axis Fault : WSDoAllReceiver:
security processing failed; nested exception is:
        org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: The signature verification f
ailed
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: WSDoAllReceiver: security processing failed; nested
exception is:
        org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: The signature verification f
ailed
        at org.apache.rampart.handler.WSDoAllReceiver.processBasic(WSDoAllReceiv
er.java:275)
        at org.apache.rampart.handler.WSDoAllReceiver.processMessage(WSDoAllRece
iver.java:98)
        at org.apache.rampart.handler.WSDoAllHandler.invoke(WSDoAllHandler.java:
74)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:381)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:521)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:485)
        at org.apache.axis2.transport.jms.AxisMdb.onMessage(AxisMdb.java:245)