axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Javier Kohen <jko...@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject Re: [Axis2]Help handling faults as exceptions
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 20:02:14 GMT
Mary,

El vie, 15-12-2006 a las 10:53 -0800, Mary Thompson escribió:
> Javier,
>    Did you ever figure this out? There is a faulthandling example in the
> axis2-1.1 release that generates code that looks like yours and does
> work. I have also been using the same wsdl/code pattern with success.

Thanks for pointing out the example. It confirmed what I feared. Namely,
that the server I'm working with is sending unwrapped fault messages. In
other words, the fault/exception name is passed inside the faultcode
element and the fault's children are placed directly inside the detail
element.

Fortunately the fault's detail will only contain one child in this case,
so I can hack up the WSDL and pretend the child is a fault in its own
right, but this work around won't work in a more general case with
several children. In the end and as far as I understand SOAP (i.e.,
superficially), it boils down to the lack of support for wrapped
messages.

> My cases all fail as soon as I engage the rampart1.1  module on the
> client side, giving the error

I'm afraid I don't use rampart myself and I don't have the source code
for AXIOM at hand, so I can't see what's causing the class cast
exception. This particular error shouldn't be hard to figure out by
looking at the code, though.

> java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMElementImpl
>          at
> org.apache.axiom.soap.impl.llom.SOAPFaultImpl.getCode(SOAPFaultImpl.java:101)
>          at
> org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(OutInAxisOperation.java:312)
>          at example.BankServiceStub.withdraw(BankServiceStub.java:173)
>          at example.BankClient.main(BankClient.java:59)

Thanks,
--
Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net>
ICQ: blashyrkh #2361802