axis-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Xinjun Chen" <xjchen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trying to incorporate axis2 1.1 to my existing Web app
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2006 04:21:59 GMT
I am wondering whether you will face license issue and copyright issue if
you are trying to do so.
It seems that you are trying to proprietarize Axis2.

The so-called "your-web-application" is only meaningful if you have some
more functionalities than Axis2. Otherwise, why not just use Axis2 directly?

If you want to develop your own SOAP Engine, you can learn from some
codes in Axis2, but not dragging the whole distribution into your
application.

Regards,
Xinjun

On 11/16/06, ying lcs <yinglcs@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks. This fixes my problem.
>
> Can you please tell me what are the basic steps to add Web services to
> my webapp?
> As a test, i literally copy the whole axis war file structure to my
> web app. But i am think if there is a simpler way to do it?
>
> The current way I did it also double the side of my war file.  I would
> like to simplify it if possible.
>
> Thakn you.
>
>
> On 11/15/06, Salma Soleil <salma.soleil@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do you have addressing-1.x.mar in
> > your-web-app-dir/WEB-INF/modules ?
> >
> >
> >
> > On 11/15/06, ying lcs <yinglcs@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am trying to incorporate axis2 1.1 to my existing Web app so that I
> > > can export my part of my web app as web service.
> > >
> > > Here is what I did:
> > > * I copy all the sub-directories from WEB-INF axis2.war to my WEB-INF
> > > * and copy all Axis2 servlet from web.xml in axis2.war  to my web.xml
> > > * as a test, i copy WeatherService.aar to WEB-INF/services
> > >
> > > And then I hit
> > http://localhost:8080/mytestWebApp/services/WeatherService
> > >
> > > But I get this error, can anyone please help me? I can't figure out
> > > what am I missing:
> > >
> > > ype Exception report
> > >
> > > message
> > >
> > > description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented
> > > it from fulfilling this request.
> > >
> > > exception
> > >
> > > javax.servlet.ServletException : Trying to engage a module which is
> not
> > > available : addressing
> > >        at
> > org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.init(AxisServlet.java:334)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(
> StandardWrapper.java
> > :879)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java
> :612)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(
> StandardWrapperValve.java:163)
> > >        at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext
> > (StandardPipeline.java:595)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java
> :432)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:954)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke
> > (StandardContextValve.java:138)
> > >        at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext
> (StandardPipeline.java:595)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java
> > :432)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:954)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java
> :2459)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke
> > (StandardHostValve.java:132)
> > >        at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext
> (StandardPipeline.java:595)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(
> ErrorDispatcherValve.java
> > :118)
> > >        at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext
> (StandardPipeline.java:593)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java
> :116)
> > >        at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext
> (StandardPipeline.java:593)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java
> :432)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:954)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(
> StandardEngineValve.java:126)
> > >        at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext
> > (StandardPipeline.java:595)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java
> :432)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:954)
> > >        at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service
> > (CoyoteAdapter.java:152)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java
> :869)
> > >        at
> >
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection
> (Http11BaseProtocol.java
> > :664)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(
> PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(
> LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(
> ThreadPool.java:684)
> > >        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
> > >
> > > root cause
> > >
> > > javax.servlet.ServletException: Trying to engage a module which is not
> > > available : addressing
> > >        at
> > org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.initConfigContext(
> AxisServlet.java:378)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.init(AxisServlet.java:317)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(
> StandardWrapper.java:879)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java
> :612)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke
> > (StandardWrapperValve.java:163)
> > >        at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext
> (StandardPipeline.java:595)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java
> > :432)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:954)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(
> StandardContextValve.java:138)
> > >        at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext
> > (StandardPipeline.java:595)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java
> :432)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:954)
> > >        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke
> > (StandardContext.java:2459)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java
> :132)
> > >        at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext
> (StandardPipeline.java
> > :595)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(
> ErrorDispatcherValve.java:118)
> > >        at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext
> (StandardPipeline.java
> > :593)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java
> :116)
> > >        at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext
> (StandardPipeline.java:593)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java
> :432)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:954)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke
> > (StandardEngineValve.java:126)
> > >        at
> >
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext
> (StandardPipeline.java:595)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java
> > :432)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:954)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:152)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process
> > (Http11Processor.java:869)
> > >        at
> >
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection
> (Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket
> > (PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(
> LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
> > >        at
> > org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(
> ThreadPool.java
> > :684)
> > >        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
> > >
> > >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> > axis-user-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
> > > For additional commands, e-mail: axis-user-help@ws.apache.org
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: axis-user-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: axis-user-help@ws.apache.org
>
>

Mime
View raw message