axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Paulo Henrique <>
Subject About HTTPSender not closing the Socket
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2006 15:33:57 GMT

we use Axis 1.1 and are having some problems with TCP connections (there is
a big delay right before the last Fin,Ack of the TCP connection).
Then I took a look at the HTTPSender class and saw that the invoke method
does not close the socket after using it (in a "finally" clause, for

That is possibly causing problems in our application, cause sometimes the
last Fin,Ack is delaying a lot (such as 7s) and causing us performance

So, I would like to know if there is any reason why close() is not being
called after the Socket is used.

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Sent from the Axis - User mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message