axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "George Stanchev" <Gstanc...@serena.com>
Subject RE: single sign on with axis2
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 00:12:20 GMT
Hi Rishi,

How is your user authenticating against the LDAP? Simple password based
authentication
or some kind of certificate based authentication?

You will need to establish trust between your Server A and Server B
somehow.
You can use an X509 certificate or simple public/private key pair which
you need to
exchange. Once Server B knows and trusts Server A, then you can issue
your
ServerA->ServerB request with either UsernameToken or SAMLTokenSigned
action.
In the first case you can sign the message or portion of your message
including
the token with ServerA's certificate that was used to establish the
trust.
In second case, you can just sign the SAML token with that certificate
(or
public key). The ServerB then would have to check if the certificate is
trusted
and trust the Principle relayed via the token.

As far as what token type to use - depends what Principle claims you
have to
supply. UsernameToken is good about relying usernames but thats about
it. With
SAML you can add additional claims in the token.

Both those scenarios are supported by Axis2/rampart, however you still
have to
do the handling on your ServerB to determine if the incoming message was
issued
by trusted authority.

Axis2/rampart allows dynamic configurations - look at the user's manual
to see
how you can do it.

George